Astral Nomads

One man, one woman, one rabbit......traveling with the stars.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nomads Touch Down Into Spring

It's with mixed emotions that the Astral Nomads have to call this our last post for a while. We're back in New Jersey and getting settled into a less nomadic life-style. Our future plans include some more travel and when we do get around to it, we'll be sure to resume posting. Until then Adios and and a big thanks to all of you who followed along with us. We certainly had a blast and glad you could enjoy some of it with us. I haven't even begun to process all of the experiences and visual impressions. Not sure where or when we'll be traveling next: the plan continues to have no plan. We're going to sell the Eurovan so if any of you want to follow in our footsteps, shoot me an email. We happened to return to a glorious spring and finally found some of the warm weather we had been seeking all along. Go figure.

Here's some shots from our hike today:









The road goes ever onward...


Still on the road, at least metaphorically.

Yeah, they got food in New Jersey too. This is 25 Burgers.

I went Classic Cheeseburger. Astral Wendy BBQ Chicken.

Special Message from Astral Wendy: "We had a wonderful adventure but 
Dorothy was right. There's no place like home. 
And anytime I go looking for my heart's desire,
I need only look upon the faces of my family".

See ya around the next bend.....

19 comments:

  1. That dogs smile says it all. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewell until we meet again via the magic of teh interwebz! Kisses to Otis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back home Wendy. Perhaps Europe next time? As you know, life is a wheel so whichever way we go, we will always end up back where we started!
    Bright blessings for Beltane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anonymous, we enjoyed a very warm welcome home.

    Farewell Debra... Otis sends bunny kisses to all!

    Thanks Star... Europe is on the future agenda for sure! A blessed Beltane to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hardly on the computer these days but I'll miss your posts. I enjoyed reading about your trip, it looked like quite an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tree! It was a wonderful adventure tht we'll be talking about for years to come! Enjoy that little girl of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your trip! If you ever dust off the van and get to Cleveland let me know ~ I have a couple of restaurants and sites to see that I'm sure you would like! Until then, I'll continue to look forward to hearing from you on LGS! :-)

    All the best to you both and Otis too, Darrelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing!


    elizabethmueller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Darrelle... Ohio is a great state and although we breezed through we would visit there again. The people were so friendly and they treated Otis like a celebrity. Will continue to follow Little Green Squirrel as I love your posts!

    Thank you Elizabeth! Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing. I’m so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Sylvia! So glad we could share the beauty that is found within the US... and we only scratched the surface!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following your blog since your visit to our bookstore in Roswell, NM. What a great adventure. I've been inspired with the beautiful photos. Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Melinda: Thanks following along. Glad you were able to follow along vicariously. If you're ever out east, stop in and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn, I'd buy that Eurovan if it had another 15 feet on the back of it. Need a little more room with three dogs then with one rabbit!
    Dinner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sandra: Yeah, too small for your crew. I have somebody coming to look at it next week. We're all about chapters. That one is finished. New adventures await. We're almost settled in Raritan. Hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. all of these pictures are beautiful! you did a really good job. one can see the fractal in everything.
    Book of Shadows for Android

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pictures are beautiful! It's too bad I only found your blog now. But at least I can still look around your website and read about your past adventures.
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. @nutschell: we're just on hiatus and plan to resume nomading in the future. can't say when exactly. we just needed a break.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete