Astral Nomads

One man, one woman, one rabbit......traveling with the stars.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A beach is a place where....

If there's one place the Astrals would always rather be, you know it's the beach. Yesterday we cruised along the barrier island and visited Satellite Beach and Cape Canaveral. It was almost 60F and we got in some quality beach time. Today we're heading down towards Jupiter FL to do some more camping so no more posts until next week.



The beach is a place where a man can feel
He's the only soul in the world that's real*



I grow old . . .I grow old . . .
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.

We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.**







We did not see a shuttle launch but we did see this.

*The Who, Quadrophenia
**T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock


-The usual suspects

No comments:

Post a Comment